I have recently joined the IxDA Basecamp and made the following
announcement. Jeremy Yuille has convinced me to post it in the main
discussion list too for a wider input from the IxD community:

"Hi IxD community,

I’m Dave Wood a lecturer in Interaction Design from the UK. I’m based
in Liverpool and I’m engaged in part-time doctoral study at Edinburgh
College of Art on a practice-based PhD.

Between now and 2013 I will be researching interaction design from a
visual communication perspective. In doing so I will design and run
three design projects to test and measure my research. I would
welcome any comments and input from the IxD community.

I have two blogs that disseminate my research and a paper entitled
“Interaction Design: Where’s the Graphic Designer in the Graphical
User Interface?” available from my academia.edu profile. Feel free to
view any of these, the links are:

http://newmediabazaar.blogspot.com/
http://phdproject01.wordpress.com/
http://sthelens.academia.edu/DaveWood

Now that I am a member of this group I will also disseminate my
research and project progress here."