Hi Dave,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Dave Malouf <d...@ixda.org> wrote:

> Not all forms of production are DESIGN. Engineering is not the same as
> design.
> Many companies are examples of engineering success.

Maybe more proper says as some designs in the process of engineering?
Traditionally, the Designs ( interface, interaction ... )  are mixed with
the development process, and it seems not a observable fact that the
engineering is doing without design thinking, just because we have a
individual (interaction) design process?
And even go further, D & E are both designs, but in different forms as
Herbert Simon said in his Science of artificial? If so, our way is not try
to make it distinguishable from practitioner's perspective, instead on the
problem level,  which may help the communication between D & E ?

Cheers,
-- Jarod
--
http://designforuse.blogspot.com/