From: discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of David
Little
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:32 AM
To: disc...@ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Command line vs. menu driven interface

As an aside, has anyone any experience of using Mozilla Ubiquity?

http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-ubiquity/

Which introduces elements of a CLI to web browsing? I haven't used it
yet so I'm in *absolutely* no position to comment :). But, my first
thoughts were how potentially complex it looked. Looking in more
detail at the manual (yes, you have to read a manual before you can
use it), I can definitely see how it would be useful in some
situations for advanced tasks like "first find this, then do that,
then send this to x", although that would assume that you'd planned
out your tasks that far in advance.

2009/3/24 Nurit Peres <nuri...@gmail.com>:
> AutoCAD 2009 still has a command line and from what I see many users
> prefer it. But they did invest in moving to a Ribbons menu recently.
> I would love to see their data about CLI vs. menu (if they have
> any...)
>

> Nurit Peres
> www.sivandesign.com

> Posted from the new ixda.org