The application process for next year's interaction design programme,
run by the Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design and the Danish
Design School is well underway. This graduate programme is the
successor to our current Interaction Design Pilot Year. It will offer
students an intensive 12-month education in interaction and service
design. Contingent on confirmation of funding, we will begin the
programme in September 2009.

For more information and the online application form, see:
http://ciid.dkds.dk/admissions/

Deadline: Applications should be received by April 1st, 2009. Please
contact us if an extension is required.

PROGRAMME OVERVIEW

The interaction design programme teaches students to apply technology
to everyday life, through the design of software, products, and
services. We believe in a hands-on and user-centered approach to
interaction design. Students learn the programming and electronics
skills needed to work with technology as a design medium. They
conduct user-research and experience prototyping to provide
real-world grounding for their concepts. Frequent work in
multi-disciplinary teams encourages peer-to-peer learning. A diverse
selection of visiting faculty exposes students to a range of
expertise.

Next year's interaction design programme builds on the structure of
the pilot year. The twelve month programme is divided into three
tiers: foundations, investigations, and the thesis. The foundations
are short workshops that provides students with the skills they need
throughout the year. The investigations give students the opportunity
to pursue in-depth projects around a particular design brief. The
thesis provides students with an opportunity to explore an area of
their choosing, combining design work with reflection and knowledge
generation. Additionally, students will participate in innovation
projects: collaborations with industry on briefs of mutual interest.

For more information on the current Interaction Design Pilot Year
curriculum, see: http://ciid.dkds.dk/education/

A gallery of course information and student work from the Interaction
Design Pilot Year is available at: http://dkds.ciid.dk/

WHAT WE LOOK FOR

As an education concerned with the broad potential of design and
technology, the interaction design programme is looking for a wide
diversity of students. We welcome applicants from all over the world
and from any background. You should be curious and creative;
enthusiastic about design and working in a cross-disciplinary
environment. Whether you’re currently studying or working, you should
be interested in the connections between education and interaction
design practice. As this is a new programme, we’re seeking students
with an interest in helping to shape the education and curriculum. We
plan to have a class of approximately 25 students.

CONTACT

For more information about the interaction design programme, see
http://ciid.dkds.dk/ or write to i...@ciid.dkds.dk.

Please pass this information on to those who may be interested.

Kind Regards,
Alie.