My company has worked on several county-level web site redesigns, and for a
complete soup-to-nuts job, 705K does not strike me as too high, at all.  You
have to discover all of the maverick web sites that are going to be folded
in to the new site, negotiate with 25 different departments over how their
needs are going to be met by a standard architecture, design the CMS, create
CMS data forms that can be used by those 25 different departments, etcetera
and so forth.  Not to mention all new graphics, training materials, content
migration, application migration, and other things you never even thought
of.

- Olivia

--
Olivia C. Williamson