The common ground is research and a value system that researching
users (not just markets and technology) is an important step in
designing solutions.

that statement about "experiences suck & we want to create better
ones" is implicit in IxDA, but IxDA does not pretend that IxD is the
sole arbiter of experience (if there is such a thing; so I'll stick
w/ solutions), and has always said that IxD as a discipline is but a
piece. There are many different types of practices that use IxD as
part of their work and other disciplines that make up the total tool
chest depending on what type of solution is being conceived.

If that doesn't answer your questions (stuff I"ve said well maybe 1
Billion times in the last 5 years) then I've got nuthin'.

-- dave