When it comes to designing, is anyone here greatly influenced by
things outside of what we normally design? By this, I mean primarily
any particular artists or movements (eg, minimalism, abstract,
Picasso etc) If so, how did your design change? Or does music play a
role? We've discussed what music we listen to when working but I
sometimes find that listening to particular types of music influences
the mood of my designs. For example, listening to Mark Hollis' solo
album inspires a stark look, but this gets richer with David Sylvian,
and more 'out there' (rock and roll!) when listening to the
Stereophonics.

I'd be interested in seeing any examples of things designed by
IxDers with a particular influence behind.