Hello,

I am running usability studies where I am videotaping our
participants faces and recording the screen output as well.  When I
go to watch the footage afterward, the two clips are never
synchronized, and so I have to play them in two windows and
painstakingly synchronize them by quickly double clicking the pause
button until they line up.  This seems like it would be a common
problem, but I have yet to find a really good software solution.

What I am looking for is a tool that would let me play two video
clips in an offset, but ganged manner, such that I could rewind or
scrub through one, and the other would still be synchronized
afterward.  Does anybody know of such a tool?  I've been considering
writing something to control two VLC instances from a common
controller, but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

--Andy