Emely -

While I agree with Yohan that a "clear" button might be the easiest
for a user to adjust quickly, I think there are a couple other
considerations. The system I am re-designing now has severe screen
real-estate restrictions and a user base who will be interacting with
it literally hundreds of times per day. Because of these factors, our
team has opted to use radio buttons in the non-standard way you
describe.

Since no fields required and there are liability factors for our
company, our radio buttons begin in the 'null' state. Options can
be selected and de-selected much like check boxes.

Of course, we haven't done our usability testing yet, so we could
learn that our assumptions are flat-out wrong, but so far our small
sample set of users has not noticed that this is even unusual
behavior.

So, depending on what your application is and the transience of your
user-base you might be fine. (But I think testing is the way to
go...)

- Adam