Hi Sachin,

Do you mean 'user experience' or 'usability'? To me 'fun' sounds like a
quality that could contribute to the overall user experience, in wich case
there would be no need for compromise.

What does 'product customizers' mean? Could you please give an example /
more details?

One thing's for sure, IMO - 'immense user interaction' will require quite a
bit of reward for the users, especially if they are engaging in the
interaction voluntarily (is that the case?). Making the interaction itself
fun could be one way of providing that reward. Of course, a good flow and no
needless interruptions when trying to create something is also quite
important :) Hmm, did I just rephrase your dillemma?

Sebi

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Sachin Ghodke <sachyn.gho...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been working on product customizers and these online tools
> require immense user interaction. Developing and designing these have
> always posed a challenge and now I am at a crossroad to choose whether
> I should compromise on user experience or fun?
>
> Please help!

Sergiu Sebastian Tauciuc
http://www.sergiutauciuc.ro/en/
http://lookingatdesigns.wordpress.com/