Hi Evan

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM, evan k.stone
<interactivelo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmmm... it seems as if Text-to-Speech is only natively available in
> Excel 2007 (not the more obvious choices, Outlook & Word):
>
>    http://tinyurl.com/n7wysa
>
> Does anyone know of a decent free-or-cheap Text-to-Speech add-in/plugin
> for Outlook?

Not a direct answer...
There is NVDA (http://www.nvda-project.org/), the NonVisual Desktop Access
opensource screen reader for Windows. I have not tried it (have a Mac), so I
cannot say whether it handles the Office package. It does get lots of
praise, though.

Also not quite what you want, but worth mentioning is a web-based version
from University of Washington:
http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/

They happen to be looking for testers right now.

I hope you can get some good use out of this information.

Cheers!

regards, Karen Mardahl