For me the deciding factor has always been the project/audience it was for.

If it was a business-related calendar, who's week mainly consists of M- F, I like it to be M-F, SS (or SS, M-F, but I prefer the first)
but, if it's a general personal calendar, I prefer Sun-Sat.

Brandon E. B. Ward
UI • UX • Ix Design
Flex • Flash Development
http://www.uxd.me
brandonebw...@gmail.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein