I am working on a project where the client is fairly prescriptive with
their navigation labels (i.e. they tend to give us pre-defined
sitemaps).  We constantly try to challenge their labels, as we
believe they are more organisation-focused than user-focused.
However, in order to do this, we need to have good reasons
(obviously).

A current issue is using questions as navigation labels e.g. How are
cars made?.  I think that this adds unnecessary complexity, and feels
awkward.  I would rather a label like 'Making cars' or 'How cars
are made'.

Does anyone have any experience or research indicating whether
questions are suitable or not in navigational labels?

Thanks.