I'm hosting an Arduino and Flash workshop on the 15th.  This workshop
will act as an introduction to the IxDA Dublin into physical computing
and extending the flash platform.

More details available at http://arduino.benarent.co.uk/

Workshop Agenda

> Introduction to Arduino
> Setting up your machine.
> Demo One. Using the Arduino Environment.
> Demo Two. Remaking that demo in Flash.
> Demo Three - Six. Serval demos in Flash   using sensors.
> Demo Seven. Sending data to the Web via PHP.
> Design Competition. Design a service, product and or website that
uses an Alcohol Sensor.
> Evaluate and judge best creation down the local pub.

The event will take place on the August 15th 2009. 2pm – 6pm. and be
hosted it at my office in the Belfield Office Park,
http://casl.ucd.ie/ .

The workshop will cost €50 which will include an Aruduio board, all
the connectors, a bread board, and some sensors for you to keep.

You don’t need any prior knowledge of microcontrollers. A basic
understanding of AS3 would be good.