No I always usually just click the inbox tab. I only click check mail
when I am IMing with someone or on the phone and they tell me they
just sent me an email and I know the ajax has not refreshed yet.

The browser back button is further away than the inbox or checkmail
button. The shortcut for browser back is usually the delete/backspace
button, but in Yahoo mail that is the delete email button.

-- Ulina