@Maurice re:

"You had me up until I came to the form.
Way too long and way too much *required information.
Too bad."

Really? So you'd be willing to learn a new language (Lua), API, methodology etc., but if a form has a few too many fields for your liking, you bail on the whole shebang?

Is this IxD elitism? Is it a privacy thing? Do you believe that the extra 30 sec. it might take to fill out a form outweighs the benefits of being able to develop iPhone apps w/out having to learn Obj-C?

I don't mean these questions to sound rude - I'm honestly curious. Do you do this a lot w/ stuff you find on the web? In life in general?

I'm curious, because if there are a ton of users like you, whom when presented w/ the keys to the kingdom as it were would nay-say it and give up because a form had 5 too many fields in it, then I'm just... wow. I don't know what to say. To me, that's like meeting someone for the first time, and after a few minutes saying "Excuse me, I'm sorry, but you just talk a little too much - I don't have time for people like you. Goodbye." and walking away. It's like Moses and the serpent. Look and live! Yet they would not look, because the form was too long.

I get the privacy thing, but there wasn't anything in there that sent up any flags for me. It is pre-beta, and they're probably really curious as to who is most interested in their SDK so they can lean towards supporting their biggest user-base, so they'd really like you to fill out a bunch of required fields. Small price to pay I say for a free SDK that does what this does.

Am I totally off-base here? I'm just really, really shocked at a response like that. Please - enlighten me!

Brandon E. B. Ward
brandonebw...@gmail.com
UI • UX • Ix Design
Flex • Flash Development
Portfolio: http://www.uxd.me
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonebward
VisualCV: http://www.visualcv.com/brandonebward

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert A. Heinlein