On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:33 AM, Guy Redwood wrote:

Jared - After reviewing the video, I was hoping you would expand your
thoughts on the validity of eye tracking data and ouija boards and
correlation to thought processes.

You've suggested that fixations don't offer any
evidence/insight/it's false etc.

And what in the video was supposed to show me that it offered any insights? I missed them. I just saw a repeat of findings that I knew without having to watch the eye tracking display, but just working with users in a traditional usability test. Where was the thing I'd only discover watching eye movements?

Maybe I'm just too dense to understand this eye tracking stuff, despite the hundreds of hours I've sat in studies watching people interact with them?

It's clear that I'm not smart enough for this new technology. I think that's the message we can take from this seemingly-endless thread.

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: jsp...@uie.com p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks  Twitter: @jmspool