On Sep 17, 2009, at 7:49 AM, Porter Langdon wrote:

What companies/products do you feel are great examples of detail page
design? Who has the most persuasive, engaging content and the best
presentation of that content?

I've watched hundreds of people shop for electronics online and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to develop great product detail pages.

If you want a best-of-breed site, I'd start with Crutchfield. In our studies, their site outsells others by a factor of 2.5. (Average order size is 237% above average, which is downright amazing.)

However, you'll notice something important when you look at their site -- it's rich in content. Nothing vendor supplied. All developed inhouse.

If you want great product pages, you'll need to commit to great content.

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: jsp...@uie.com p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks  Twitter: @jmspool