Does anyone have good examples of lists w/ filter dropdowns, where the
dropdowns show the number of items available for each select option? ...With
a good solution for how to handle these numbers once the user starts making
selections in other dropdowns.

I'm especially interested in lists that do not redraw instantly, because
that option isn't available to us right now because of technical
limitations. Instead, the user would need to click on an update button to
redraw the list.

(We're using dropdowns because we have very limited real estate available on
the page.)

Thanks
Rachel