IN PURSUIT OF ELEGANCE?

What made the Sopranos finale one of the most-talked-about events in
television history? Why is sudoku so addictive and the iPhone so
irresistible? What do Jackson Pollock and Lance Armstrong have in common
with theoretical physicists and Buddhist monks?

This month IxDA Brisbane is teaming up with UX Book Club Brisbane (
http://uxbookclub.org/doku.php?id=brisbane) to host a friendly and no doubt
lively discussion around E. May's book, In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best
Ideas Have Something Missing.

The book is a "thought-provoking exploration of why certain events,
products, and people capture our attention and imaginations" and "offers
surprising evidence that what’s 'not there' often trumps what is."

BOOK:  Book: In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best Ideas Have Something
Missing by E. May, which is available from a number of sources, including
audiobook. See UX Book Club Brisbane for more details:
http://uxbookclub.org/doku.php?id=brisbane.

VENUE: To be determined. Due to the smaller group numbers, we're considering
holding the book club in a private apartment, so we'll need solid RSVPs
(from people who are sure they'll attend and be involved) by October 14. See
below.

DATE: Tuesday, 27th October, 2009

TIME: 6:00 for a 6:30 start.

RSVP by: 14th October, 2009