I agree with Neha.  The site does not currently convey the "What's
in it for me" (WIFFM).  Instead of the What, How, Why icons at the
top that users probably won't take the time to click on, it might be
beneficial to use this space to state the purpose and value in
relation to the user in 25 words or less... a "What you can do on
this site" area.  Even something as simple as "Ranker lets you
create your own lists, and see others' lists" would let people know
what the site is and what you can do on it.