Karin, Ditto here. This is a really tough issue, had seven going at one
point and ". . . thought I was gonna die!" [aka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Roseannadanna]. Couldn't get any help
but got some sympathy. Agree with Todd that it all becomes a lot of
everything and nothing of something, which is very thin ice for everyone, a
short view and not a long view. I tried to do a couple of [perhaps] weird
things; (a) I physically segmented the projects across different war rooms
where available so I had to travel to each setting down the hall (also got
the project team lead to give me a wall of their office if needed; many nice
residual effects there), (b) I physically segmented the projects in my own
office (piles of artifacts, four walls, four projects) . . . doing more than
just segmenting them via my digital filing system; (c) I delegated as much
as I could; (d) I failed to ever dedicate a day to each (e.g., "If It's
Tuesday This Must Be Belgium"), doing so meant I couldn't meet the
multidisciplinary team (and client) needs. The major upside, a zen thing of
course, is that each project cross-pollinated the other, and even my faux
paux's in meetings (e.g., referring to a online Stock Management function
when in a meeting with a client offering an online sign-up DSL/T1 service .
. . got me a few strange stares but also a few head nods of agreement . . .
LOL). Until the multi-project effort quieted, I was left with saying my
mantra a lot, but also trusting that when you cross an elephant with a
violin, seemingly very disparate parts, you get wonderfully creative
results, even though at first glance, the two seem best kept separated for
sanity.   - Andrew

Andrew Schechterman PhD

www.Linkedin.com/in/andrewschechterman

Denver, Colorado, US