I found this article by John Ferrara to be very helpful before I started
working on Search.

http://boxesandarrows.com/view/search-behavior

He's got a couple others on Boxes & Arrows worth reading as well.

anne

new-boun...@ixda.org wrote on 12/08/2009 12:48:34 AM:

> I have to do a presentation (at very short notice for a job interview)
> on improvements to a search interface for clinical data. Does anybody
> know of any useful resources that focus on the design and usability
> of search interfaces. Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message,
including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the
property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the
individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient
or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or
distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.