Thanks to all for continuing the discussion.

The overall system is a software as a service that allows people to
buy a certain item from big name brands. By "big name brands" I
mean brands that you see everyday as you drive around or watch
commercial TV.
We work closely with each big brand to make sure the pages that are
involved are fully in sync (look and feel, functionality, etc) so
that a person never knows they have left the big brands main site as
we take them to our servers to make the purchase. Unless they look at
the URL.
We currently are using a URL strategy that looks like:
BigBrand.ourcorp.com
I am looking to change it to:
ourcorp.com/BigBrand

The reason I am looking at changing has to do with other products
that we are looking to build/make public and want to make
'ourcorp.com' the 'mother ship' URL for SEO purposes as it
relates a global corporate strategy...being able to use the power of
the big brands identity.
For example of another URL would be for a store someone could choose
from any of the big brands. This store would have its own name/domain
such as 'ourstore.com' that when clicked on would go to
'ourcorp.com/ourstore'.
There may be a banner ad that has 'ourstore.com' in it that when
clicked on goes to 'ourcorp.com/ourstore'
So once again the URL is changed from what it has been presented as.

All that is where my question comes from about trust the URL
structure.

The bottom line -
The content will be what is expected.
The page will look and feel exactly as expected.
The end goal of the page is for someone to make a purchase so they
will be asked for credit card information.
The URL will have the big brands name in it, just a matter of where.
There would be very little, if any, cases where someone would type
the URL directly in. Clicking on something or copy/pasting would be
99% of the use case.

Brian