On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Oleh Kovalchuke <tangospr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Search For:
> o  radiobutton R1-type Records
>     [ ] checkbox Yes value
>     [ ] checkbox No value
> o  radiobutton R2-type Records

If there were just R1 and R2 records this would be the solution I'd
use.  It's simple and relatively elegant. Unfortunately there are four
types of records in the database now and plans to add at least two
more types soon.  The combinatorics of letting people say "I want
R1-type and R2-type but not R3 or R4" and all the other possible
combinations gives _me_ a headache.  I can't imagine it working for
most of our users.

We may go with some kind of embedded "ignore this" checkbox similar to
Brian's suggestion but I was hoping there would be something else
elegant out there that I just hadn't thought of.

Thanks!
--Alan