Thanks for the input. I'm leaning in the direction of what you're
suggesting, Dimiter. Have an Exit control and then display a saving
indicator.

Not quite ready to remove the Save button altogether - our experience
in testing is that users definitely look for it (even though we tell
them that we auto-save) and the fact that we're not saving every
time they make a change - just when they switch pages, click the save
button, exit the application, or select to upload additional photos.