Ali,

I'd like to reinforce Dave's comments. I started my career in
interactive a little over 2 years ago (after undergrad). Since then
I've had the benefit of getting experience as an interactive
developer and designer. My philosophy was that if you get experience
in each of the different interactive disciplines, it will make you a
more dangerous professional in whichever discipline you choose to
become an expert -- and I was right.

However, you can't let that go on too long. You have to eventually
make a decision about which discipline you'd like to master.
Because, ultimately, it's the subject-matter experts that are the
most successful professionally.

So though I agree with Dave, I also think that during your studies
it's okay to explore all facets of interactive and gain a little
knowledge from each. It will help you make an informed decision about
what you really want to do.