I really did not need those apps as much as i needed my social media
and common chat tools.
The ones i use are Seesmic (for twitter and facebook - you can set up
multiple accounts in this and post on multiple account simultaneously)
and Adium (supports MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, AIM, to name a few).

For me the Mac comes pretty loaded enough to support my work. And yes
like Adam said - MAMP. A very useful tool.

And from this discussion I must say, I am intrigued with CODA and
will certainly use it.