I totally agree with Ari. People are searching for a subject usually
using key words. The issues and the resource type is not the first
thing that comes in mind, they are secondary and a lot of people
never use them.. For searches for this type of data base (research
and publications) is usual to have a normal search and an advanced
one that can be unrevealed, and the issues and the type are usually
to find in the advanced options.

If it is not possible to search with key words on a certain page an
expert user is going to use google to find what he needs.

I think about a library catalog without key words search option. This
really scares me :)