Hi Kagan,

I've recently ended up using carousels as they allow for freeing up
valuable screen space resulting in less visual clutter, giving a
cleaner design. So, I am pretty much in favour of them if you have a
lot of content you have to display. Obviously they still have to be
implemented correctly...

If you're looking for design pattern input, when it's best to use a
carousel and how best to implement them, these websites should help:
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/selection/carousel.html
http://ui-patterns.com/pattern/Carousel
http://www.blinkinteractive.com/essays/usability_highlights_2008.php
- further down the page there are a few small tips.

Cheers

Graham Sear