Inmedius is a software product and services company headquartered in
Pittsburgh, PA with operating locations in the U.S., Germany, United Kingdom,
and Canada. We pride ourselves with having the best and the brightest talent to
ensure that our solutions are designed, tested and built with the highest
standards of performance and reliability. Interaction Design positions are
available within our operation’s Program Services Division supporting the Naval
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technology Division (NAVEODTECHDIV) located
near Indian Head, Maryland. We are looking to expand our technical staff with
an Interaction Designer who will design software application user interfaces
(UIs) and web portlets for use in advanced systems that support Joint EOD
operations worldwide.

Responsibilities:
Study the EOD domain to develop an understanding of the tasks, methods, tools,
and context of the EOD technician.
Perform task analysis and document concepts using best practices from graphic
and information design.
Conceptualize, design, and prototype software user interfaces for use on a
range of devices and platforms from web portals running in Internet Explorer on
desktop computers to thick-client Eclipse applications running on touch-screen
laptops.
Develop and maintain standard user interface metaphors, iconography, and
interaction guidelines that promote consistency, uniformity, and a high level
of usability across all applications.
Translate operational capability requirements into application designs (static
and dynamic) that provide the operational capabilities in the most effective
and suitable manner.
Create appropriate design artifacts (scenarios, storyboards, mock-ups, etc.)
that permit evaluation of the above prior to software implementation.
Create UI static and behavioral design specifications, maintain requirement
traceability, and record rationale for decisions.
Work with technical staff to ensure that designs can be implemented and to
ensure integrity during implementation.
Collaborate in the development of test cases and training materials.
Participate in user testing and field trials to further understand operational
constraints on end users.

General Requirements:
At least a Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI or a similar field, or 3 years of
practical experience.
Visual design skills: use of color, typography, graphics production, etc.
Web design skills: HTML, CSS, etc.
Interaction design skills: screen design, screen flow, behavioral descriptions,
etc.
Experience with standard design software (e.g. Adobe suite).
Experience with the Windows operating system.
Good communication skills – visual, written, and verbal.
United States citizenship, due to government requirements.

Additional Helpful Requirements:
A general understanding of JavaScript.
A general understanding of XML and XSLT.
An understanding of the abilities and constraints of development in Java and
C++.
Experience designing for the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP).
Experience designing for web portals.
Experience designing for mobile computers.

POSITIONS REQUIRE DoD SECURITY CLEARANCE; THEREFORE U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS
REQUIRED.
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME SUBMITTAL.

Human Resources
4900 Perry Highway
Building 2, Second Floor
Pittsburgh PA 15229