Ok.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I've spent a big chunk of time going
through the Groups.io settings changing things up a bit to hopefully reduce
the spam.  Unfortunately there is no way to bulk apply settings.
I have removed the ability for non-members to post to our mailing list.
They must at least be a member of annou...@lists.opendaylight.org to post
(other than Security).  New members will have their first message moderated
and then they should be automatically unmoderated after that.  I've also
added Navid as a moderator.

Let's trial this for a bit and see what happens.  Hopefully we'll see a
reduction in spam.  If there are any other community volunteers that wish
to act as moderators, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
Linux Foundation