On 15/12/2021 19:34, Yevgeny Shakhnovich wrote:
Hi Robert,
We allow our customers to use Restconf directly. Using Restconf, they can
create multiple netconf mount points for the same device. Unfortunately,
they consider it not as an option but as a defect.
This is a problem.

Right, but given the deployment flexibility where (for example) the same device can be mounted with different credentials, we cannot really make a blanket restriction on a TCP N-tuple here.

This is a use-case/deployment-specific restriction. There are a number of ways to place a policy enforcement point here, and if we are to provide a default here, we really need a complete use case description.

Can you supply it, please?

Once we have it, we can play a number of deployment-level tricks and make sure things work the way you expect them to.

Alternatively, contributions containing proper reasoning/mitigation are always welcome.

Regards,
Robert

Thanks,
Yevgeny