That's a different thing.

The workshop is *showcasing* Oracle Mapviewer.

The workshops you mention aren't showcasing Windows XP, they merely depend on it.

Best regards,
Bart

Dave Patton schreef:
Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
But the workshop includes XE as well as Mapviewer.

So the latter will always cost money for production purposes if I understand all this stuff correctly.

That will be a good enough reason to reject the workshop IMHO, otherwise you trick attendees into thinking that they can build free production applications using this stack of software.

I'll just point out that so far, half of the workshop
submissions require the Windows XP platform, which is
neither free nor open source. Whether people who use
MS Windows are being "tricked" is a topic for a whole
different discussion ;-)

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS