Hi,
In GeoNetwork opensource ( http://geonetwork-opensource.org ) we've been using ISO19115 for a long time now. We are now finalizing a release of the software that has among other things, support for the following standards:
Metadata:       ISO19115 validated against ISO19139 implementation standard.
                        FGDC
                        Dublin Core
Catalog:                OGC CAT 1.0 & Z39.50
                        OGC CSW 2.0.1 based on the ISO profile

GeoNetwork opensource is an incubator project of OSGEO and can be found at http://www.osgeo.org/geonetwork

We find it useful and have been using it to document large numbers of spatial datasets. For example at http://www.fao.org/geonetwork (where I work), http://vam.wfp.org/vamsie , http://geonetwork.unocha.org/ mapsondemand and http://csi.cgiar.org/geonetwork to name a few. All these organizations share their metadata collections among catalogs.

Ciao,
Jeroen

Jeroen Ticheler
FAO-UN