I haven't tried this survey yet to see if there is a place for open source, but encourage the rest of you open source users to try it, so they get a real-world picture of usage for their report....

Begin forwarded message:

From: "GITA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: August 8, 2007 8:29:27 AM PDT (CA)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Let Your Clients Show Your Market Share

If you have problems reading this message, please go to http:// www.gita.org/media/emails/2007/GTR_vendor_e-mail.htm.

Your user clients have just one week to participate in GITA's 2008 Geospatial Technology Report, an annual report on the current state of GIS installations at almost 400 public sector and utility organizations. The deadline for submissions is next week, August 15, 2007. This highly acclaimed report details the completeness, complexity, and direction of GIS projects in six industries: gas, electric, local government, pipeline, telecommunications, and water/ waste/stormwater. Please remember that this survey is for GIS users only. We appreciate your willingness to help, but we are not able to use consultant and vendor submissions.

All your clients have to do is visit http://gita.org/gtr_survey, and fill out the mainly multiple-choice survey by August 15, 2007.You can assure them that other than company name, number of customers, and GIS project start date, all information is kept confidential, and none of the data provided is associated with the responding organizations in the published report.

All user survey participants will receive a free copy of the 2008 Geospatial Technology Report —
a $450 value.

See why other vendors have purchased the 2006-2007 report, and order your copy of the 2006-2007 report today!

GTR User Survey Participant Checklist
Your clients should have this specific information on all of the following ready:

1.Their GIS Implementation
2. Top technologies used at their company
3. The number of full-use and view-only seats for their geospatial vendors
4. Geospatail budget information for 2007
5. Geospatial issues their company is facing this year

For more information on the report, please call Kathryn Henton at 303-337-0513 or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] We greatly appreciate your help in creating this important industry publication!

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]