I submitted one on ossimPlanet.  Haven't heard back.

Mark

On Nov 19, 2007, at 10:12 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

Anyone planning to, or already submitted, proposals for the conference?

Begin forwarded message:

From: "O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: November 8, 2007 5:11:10 PM PST (CA)
Subject: Call for Proposals Closing November 26

Call for Proposals Closing November 26, 2007

The way to the future of the geospatial industry begins with a proposal

Where 2.0 2008
May 12-14, 2008
Burlingame, CA
http://conferences.oreilly.com/where

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
New needs, new markets, new sources of data and new sources of revenue.
Opportunity in the location-based, geospatial industry is unlimited.
Unfortunately, the ability to present your ideas at Where 2.0 is not. The deadline for Where 2.0 Call for Proposals is November 26, 2007. Submit your proposal to lead a conference session, run a tutorial, or demonstrate
the cutting-edge technology you've been working on.

Let us hear from you. We want to know what you're working on. Dazzle us
with that cool new mashup of personalization, cell phone, social
networking, and GIS data. Share the results of your academic research.
Demo your product. Launch your startup. Showcase your locative art
project. Find funding, locate talent and point the way to the future. It
starts when you submit a proposal to Where 2.0.

WHAT IS WHERE 2.0?
The single most important conference that focuses on new developments in the geo-spatial industry. For three days, Where 2.0 takes place at the intersection of longitude, latitude, the Internet, ideas, and business
value. Where 2.0 gathers the best and brightest minds in the
location-based industry to pitch ideas, present new products, and identify
the trends and technologies poised to revolutionize the geo-spatial
arena.

JUST ADDED - PRACTICAL TUTORIALS
Thanks to a groundswell of popular interest, we've devoted a day to
in-depth tutorials at Where 2.0. Tutorials are half-day sessions that last a full three hours. Designed for participants to immerse themselves into GIS technologies, these tutorials provide attendees with the information,
skills, and tools they need to return to work equipped to succeed.

If you would like to lead a tutorial, we are looking for proposals on the
following topics:
=Geo Support in Web Application Frameworks
=Today's Best GeoStack Tools
=Mapping APIs
=GeoTargeting Methods
=Privacy Implications & the Law
=Getting the most out of GeoBrowsers
=Managing Geo Data Tools, Tips, Techniques
=Staying Up to Date with Protocols & Formats

Join us at Where 2.0. Present your ideas, share your research, showcase your art, and meet the people who are changing the way we find our way in
the world. Submit a proposal to make a presentation, lead conference
sessions, or deliver tutorials at the next Where 2.0.

Call for proposals closes November 26, 2007.

Registration opens January 2008.

Make sure you're signed up for the conference newsletter to
receive all the latest updates as plans for the Where 2.0
Conference progress (login required):
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/nl/home#conferences

If you have ideas for speakers and topics that will make the conference a
must attend event, send them to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities please email Yvonne Romaine
at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For media partner opportunities please email Avila Reese
at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We look forward to hearing from you,

The Where 2.0 2008 Conference Team

a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]