Everyone,

I just wanted to send out an email to introduce myself. I have been reading these threads for a while, but have never really had the time to offer support. I can now dedicate time to really contribute and be an effective part of the OSGeo community.

My name is Mike Goldberg, and recently graduated (2006) from Shippensburg University with a degree in Geography / GIS. Post undergrad, i spent a year in Shanghai, taking in the culture and learning as much Mandarin I could. Currently, I work for Bentley Systems as an Account Manager for their Geo/Civil product lines. I am a fairly new Linux user but love the Open Source aspect of the OS. I'll be honest and say that I haven't had much experience with the open source GIS solutions as I've done most of my work with proprietary software in Windows. I hope to bring fresh ideas to help bolster Open Source GIS as an alternative, not a replacement, to proprietary software. I think there is a time and place for both, with each having it's own benefits and pitfalls. I look forward to working with everyone here to make Open Source software better!
Thanks!
Mike Goldberg