[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
IMO:

[...]

I am probably too vector oriented to understand the problems involved here but my experience is that there should be no issue if you have your services configured all right.

I don't agree. But then my requirements are for spatial data that covers a large geographic area and is used by many people in a corporate environment.
SOA, while it has definite advantages does not provide all of the answers.

Just for the records. I said that services are cool for all kinds of things, I did *not* say that SOA is *the* solution. Background: The term SOA is currently being (mis)used by minor IT corporations (IBM, SUN, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and the like) to enhance their very private vendor-lock-in strategies. Therefore beware whenever someone says "SOA" and try to question their motivation. Regards, Arnulf.
(c) by Arnulf's Corporate Paranoia (tm)