Hello again,

if you can send commands to the GPS receiver through the serial port, then you
can program an access from your application in the same way.

You can use javax.comm.* or gnu.io to get access to serial ports. Once you have
that, it's up to you to communicate with the receiver. I don't see the needing
to access through GPRS.

FYI, you can have a look at the wource code of gvSIG Mobile [1]. It uses
GpsTools (which depends on gnu.io for serial access) for managing communication
with the GPS (NMEA parsing, ...). You can look for it at the libGPS library.

If I'm missing sg. don't hesitate to keep on asking.

Regards

[1] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=piloto-gvsig&L=2

Miguel Montesinos

Director Técnico