Hi. I'm new to OSGeo and geospatial software in general (but certainly not new to software development). I would like to know if there is a single overview somewhere that summarizes and "ties together" the various OSGeo projects. I have visited the sites of each of the projects listed on the OSGeo home page, but I have not found anything that shows how the various projects are related, what data structures they might have in common, what overlaps there might be in functionality, what overlaps there might be in developers, etc.

I'm a developer and would like to become involved, but I'm not sure where to start. An overview would be quite helpful.

Thanks,

Lee