Someone recently contributed an html imagemap module for GeoServer.

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/HTML+ImageMap+support

An example of it in action here:

http://geo.openplans.org/states.html

-Justin

Alexandre Leroux wrote:

Hi list,

A rather technical question. I was able to find a potential solution with GRASS GIS, but want to know if there are other solutions involving FOSS4G software.

Which other FOSS4G software can generate html clickable image maps out of polygons? The challenge is simple: a colleague has many polygons that must be exported to several clickable PNGs like the example on this page: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/sqc_e.html (A webmap tool such as OpenLayers would be much more powerful, but in some cases we do need clickable PNGs.)

I found out it seems GRASS GIS 6.3+ can do it via its HTMLMAP driver:
http://www.phygeo.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass63/manuals/html63_user/htmlmapdriver.html
Can any other OSGeo software do the same?

Thanks for any reply!

Alex

--
Justin Deoliveira