This is about the Recovery.gov site and receiving ideas about IT solutions to make it "better" to everyone. Several involve GIS and geospatial topics. I thought someone here could make a good argument about GeoRSS or other OSGeo ideas. It's good to see the Recovery.org site itself runs on open source products Apache, Drupal and SIMILE Timeline.

I just heard about this today and the deadline for ideas (and possibly the commenting on ideas) ends tomorrow, Sunday night. Who knows what types of things they'll be able to implement within their time frame (I read somewhere Sept 2009) but it's a cool idea nevertheless. To register (for proposing ideas) you will need to include a U.S. zip code.

http://www.thenationaldialogue.org/

- John

John Callahan
Geospatial Application Developer
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware
227 Academy St, Newark DE 19716-7501
Tel: (302) 831-3584 Email: john.calla...@udel.edu
http://www.dgs.udel.edu