To follow up re: status of ArcIMS

I just checked the ESRI site, clicked on Products, Server GIS and ArcIMS is nowhere to be found. As well, if you select Training and search for courses, you will find exactly "zero" instructor-led courses for ArcIMS. (ArcIMS is also listed under "Other Products" in the Training section.) So, as far as I'm concerned, ArcIMS is dead and everything goes through ArcGIS Server with ESRI.

- John

Bill Thoen wrote:
Thanks for the help folks, especially to John Callahan. That was the best description of the problem with the ESRI solution that I've seen to date. What they offer may be good or not --I don't have the experience to argue that point-- but they are even more expensive that I had imagined. I'm very impressed with ESRI's marketing -- if they can sell this, they could sell snow to Santa Claus!

Regards,
- Bill Thoen