So do we have enough interest to ask for an OSGeo list for this?

I looked at http://opengts.org/ a while back, but Java is not my favorite platform - just a knowledge and personal preference thing.

It would be nice to build something based on OpenLayers for the mapping client because that allows great independence and variety of map providers.

The tuff part of all this is dealing with the devices and the communications changes to get the data feed back into the tracking and management software. My focus would be to let others deal with that part and assume that we have various data feeds the we might need to build software to handle the feeds, and that we focus on the building the portal application for tracking, reports, and management of resources.

But that is just my two sense. Other thoughts?

-Steve

Tom Printy wrote:
I am interested as well and have been thinking about something like this for a couple of years now.

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
Dear all,

I have a couple of quick questions looking for equally quick :) answers.
1/ does anyone know of an open source solution for fleet management?
2/ if not, is there an interest of starting/setting up a group to work on this?

I am also interested in such a program.

-Steve