Frank Warmerdam wrote:

I would instead express this as OSGeo needs end users (including their
managers), and those interested in it's marketting (which I would prefer
to call promotion) to get more actively involved and contribute.
Education activities are, of course, one form of promotion. There is some discussion in the Education group to try and develop a "core curriculum" around OS Geospatial technologies. For example, what knowledge/skills are needed for future OS Geo developers? What are needed for end users of OS Geo technologies? I don't think we should be competing with general GIS or GIScience curriculum, but rather focus specifically on OS Geo related knowledge and skills.

I can imagine the software developers are working flat-out. But is it possible that over the next 6-12 months there can be an effort between the OSGeo edu group, along with the software groups and the local groups together to try and establish some kind of specification of what we think a "core curriculum" or "core competencies" in OS Geo might be and then work toward developing open educational content that teaches these concepts?

If this resonates with others email me and I'll build an interest list.

-- Charlie Schweik