Le 2010-10-19 11:44, Sebastián Cruz a écrit :
Hi Yvesm,

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 11:33 -0400, Yves Moisan wrote:
Le 2010-10-18 11:12, Fabio Renzo Panettieri a écrit :
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that we have put an Acid Maps demo online.
http://acidmaps.xoomcode.com/

Sorry about the 2 week delay, but we discovered that heatmaps were
acting 'funny', so we had to change that interpolation algorithm.

Hi,

I'm trying to find the definition of "Acid Maps" or some sense as to why
it was named that way and Google/Wikipedia don't help.  Any pointers ?
Or is it just the name of a web server ?
Acid Maps is just the name of the project we choose. As to why it's like
that we have a few arguments, but you can let your imagination fly and
find yours :-)

The processes involved are called "heatmaps", "isolines" and "Voronoi",
but they don't have to do anything directly with the project name.
Thanx Sebastian. I thought this was some sort of map type since I see you created your own OL class (OpenLayers.Layer.Acid). I guess that type is only in your GitHub repo and not on OL trunk right ?

From the looks of it your server is "pure python" as opposed to relying on an existing Python framework ? Is there a way to run the server in a WSGI container (like mod_wsgi) ?

Cheers,

Yvesm