Hello,

I am very new to GRASS GIS!
At the moment I am working with ArcGIS10 to develop a dispersal model (raster based) which involves single calculations for each raster cell (around 20 000 calculations) conducted by an iteration process over the cells of the input raster. As this takes quite long, a change to a Linux based software and the use of a supercomputer (mulitcore) is considered. Therefore especially GRASS GIS sounds interesting to me for the soltution.

How are iterations (like in the ArcGIS10 modelbuilder) solved in GRASS GIS? Is that possible? Is it possible to perform the single calculation in parallel mode and use a multicore Linux supercomputer e.g.?
Does anyone have experience with such approaches?

Thank you very much.

/j