Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments on the "Open Stream Map" idea. The driving force behind my question was that I just came back from a workshop on citizen science and had seen a variety of successful efforts... for example the ebird project at Cornell University. Given the issues surrounding water in the future, I found myself wondering about the use of an open street map model but for water inventory.

That's about as far as I am on this -- it was just an idea I thought might be worthwhile floating to the OSGeo group. Not sure where it goes from here... if anyone wants to move it along further -- go for it!

Thanks for the responses...

Charlie Schweik

Quoting andrea giacomelli <pibi...@gmail.com>:

Dear Charlie,

The idea is interesting, but I concur with Robert that -in order to provide
some more educated feedback, it would be also interesting to know a little
more about your initial "driver".

I have worked in the past in surface hydrology and water resources
management, and more recently I have been heavily involved in awareness
raising on "thematic crowdsourcing", so I could think of a couple of ways to
start this...

However, I think it would be important to understand a little more the
invasive "plant species effort" part of your idea in order to elaborate on
your request.

Thanks!

-
Andrea Giacomelli