Thanks for the hard work; the improved website is a joy to navigate.

--
Jody Garnett

On Saturday, 11 June 2011 at 8:27 AM, Peter Batty wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the publication of the FOSS4G 2011 program. You
> can view the program details here
> (http://2011.foss4g.org/program/session-schedule). Selection was very
> competitive - we had almost 300 submissions for around 150 sessions. So
> congratulations to those who made it, and commiserations to those who didn't,
> but we hope to still see you in Denver for the conference! We feel we have an
> excellent program lined up.
> We have also announced our plenary speakers
> (http://2011.foss4g.org/content/plenary-speakers). They include several
> speakers new to FOSS4G, and several FOSS4G veterans. Michael Byrne, GIO of
> the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), will talk about their work on
> the National Broadband Map, which is based entirely on an open source
> software stack, and implements some innovative ideas regarding open data.
> Peter Ter Haar, Director of Products at the Ordnance Survey, the national
> mapping agency of Great Britain, will talk about their experience with open
> data initiatives over the past 18 months, as well as how they are using open
> source. Paul Ramsey will talk on "Why do you do that? An exploration of open
> source business models". Steve Coast, founder of OpenStreetMap, will talk
> about the past, present and (mainly) future of OpenStreetMap. We will have a
> panel on "Open x 4" discussing various aspects of openness, chaired by Matt
> Ball and featuring Arnulf Christl, President of
  OSGeo,
Steve Coast, and Carl Reed, CTO of OGC. Schuyler Erle and Brian Timoney have
accepted the challenge of giving us a couple of short and entertaining but also
insightful presentations to close proceedings on Wednesday and Thursday. And
Jeff McKenna will be leading the ever-popular web mapping performance shootout
in the final session. Check the full list
(http://2011.foss4g.org/content/plenary-speakers) to see all the plenary
speakers.